Artists especially emerging artist are always on the search for opportunities that can provide support in learning, mentorship, and sponsorship to continue doing what they love doing best. This is necessary because society does not support the ordinary artist but expects artists to work for free while experts in other fields to get financial support more than they would need. But fortunately, you have Arteasy Nigeria, we provide everything you need to grow, mature, and develop.
So, we searched the internet for grants, residencies, workshop and other opportunities that could be beneficial to the everyday artist in helping you make art easily. Remember, not every opportunity can be free but you should be ready to sacrifice when needed for opportunities that are affordable. I really hope you find one that interests you below:
The gallery is currently asking artists to make submissions for TRANSITIONS AND DISPLACEMENTS, ABSTRACTIONS, SILENT CITIES, and HOME. Accepted media are Photography, Digital Graphic, Digital Visual Design.
- The deadlines for registrations: Transitions and Displacements [7th February 2020]. ABSTRACTIONS [7th March 2020]. Submission of an entry for HOME is 7th April 2020 and that of SILENT CITIES is 7th May 2020
- The entry is FREE
- Artists are to submit 1 to 3 works addressing the theme
- Read more about the description of each exhibition and how to submit here
The winner of this grant gets $500 from this charitable organization that has helped artists from all over the world since 2007. So, this opportunity is opened for :
- visual artists aged eighteen and above from any part of the world, here is your chance to get more funds for your art project.
- This year, the grant has four dates for entry January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15.
- The following fields are granted entry: printmaking, photography, film, installation, painting, drawing, sculpture (of any type of material), ceramics, mixed/multiple media, and other fresh or substitute media.
- You do not need to submit proposals as it is not part of the submission process. Click here to learn more about the Artist Grant
The grant is meant to encourage every artist who has have committed their lives to make arts irrespective of the level of success they have had as an artist. The growth of the artist is measured by assessing the intelligence craftsmanship, and originality of the artist.
- Artists whose work have reached a full-grown stage and can defend their need for financial assistance. The artists must have been working on it for twenty years.
- Artists in the field of sculpturing, printmaking, and painting’
- 12 artists get to benefit from $25,000
- Deadline is set for December 15, 2020
- The grant is not focused on the age of the applicant but how dedicated they have been to their ART and how it has matured overtime
This a residency opportunity in France. I mean, wouldn’t it be interesting to be inspired by the France scenery? All kinds of artists creating any form of arts are allowed to apply.
- It is opened to artists all over the world
- Location is Saint-Raphaël, France
- Deadline is February 15, 2020
- Events start from March 30, 2020 – January 1, 2021
- Artists are allowed to work at their leisure, groups are welcome with adequate provision of lodges
- Fully furnished studio and space for sculpture, painting, drawing, and other media.
- Available assistance for artists in areas that they might need
This art grant is put together by the Swedish Arts Grants Committee’s International Program for Visual and Applied Artists. The mission is to increase the relationship Swedish Artists have with the International Art Community.
- Artists from the field of visual arts and music, music, design, film, dance and theatre.
- Location is Sweden
- Deadline is February 13, (residencies) and March 3rd (intercultural exchanges), 2020
The visual arts trust fund sponsors designers and visual artists as a way to help them progressively to make art. Learn more about the application process here
The working artist online masterclass
An organization known as The Working Artist is currently receiving entries into their masterclass program.
- The workshop is meant to guide your decision making in the art industry.
- The workshop happens online which means all artists from all around the world can participate
- The workshop takes place for eight weeks and entry is ongoing
- Deadline is December 31, 2020
- It is one of those platforms you can invest your daily time in to be trained on how to put your work out there and make sales as an artist. There are no deadlines, learning and participation occur at your own speed. Therefore, you are responsible for when you complete the workshop.
- Learn more about this workshop here
Ready to submit for an opportunity listed?
Lastly and essentially, galleries, art organizations and charities listed above will be comparing your artworks with other international submissions.
Buy your art products from the Arteasy Online Store without digging deep into your pocket and still satisfy your desire for quality and durability.